The Best Way to Use CBD to Relax
According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, General Anxiety Disorder (GAD) affects 6.8 million adults in the United States. That is 3.1% of the American population. CBD has been in the limelight in recent years as a possible remedy for anxiety. People have effectively combated stress by simply adding a CBD supplement to their daily regimen.
Supplementation by way of CBD oil and other CBD edible products are among the most common ways to integrate CBD into our routines. CBD can be incorporated into our lives in various ways though, we aren’t just limited to one option. Look no further than these relaxing activities with a CBD influence the next time you feel overwhelmed.
Finish up your favorite skincare routine with CBD moisturizer and CBD lip balm
Skincare is a common way people like to unwind and take care of themselves to fight stressful feelings. Many beauty companies even carry specific skincare products designed to target those who use skincare to relieve stress. CBD works to eliminate stress by interacting with our body’s endocannabinoid system.
The endocannabinoid system is a system largely unknown by many. It contains various receptors throughout the human body. These receptors are located in places like the immune system, the brain stem, and our vital organs. The role of our body’s endocannabinoid system is to utilize cannabinoids like CBD to allow our bodies to return to a homeostasis and promote restoration.
Baking can be a perfect way to relax. It distracts you from what you’re thinking about and when you are done you have a delicious treat that you worked hard to make. Eating what you worked hard to create can give you a sense of accomplishment, further promoting relaxation.
Many baked goods can be infused with CBD to enhance relaxation. Here is a delicious CBD orange caramel recipe using Oncali’s orange and honey flavored CBD oil.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup corn syrup light or dark
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ½ droppers of Oncali’s CBD oil
- Lightly oil a 5 -inch X 9 -inch loaf pan, and line the bottom and at least halfway up the sides with parchment paper. Alternately use a silicone loaf pan with no prep needed (see notes above).
- Place half and half in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, add butter and heat until butter is melted. Gently stir to combine well.
- Gently stir in corn syrup, sugar, brown sugar, and salt until combined. Place lid on the pot and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove lid and attach a candy thermometer to the pan. Cook without stirring until the mixture reaches 245 degrees F then immediately remove from heat and quickly stir in CBD tincture (or tincture and drops of essential oil). Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Let stand until cool (place in fridge to hasten the process). Then use parchment paper to remove caramels from pan. Cut into 4 long rows by 6 short rows to make 24 individual candies.
If you don’t like candy or want something different, try our Citrus Olive Oil cake recipe or incorporate our oil into this delicious Dalgona coffee recipe.
Add CBD oil to your bath
Adding CBD oil to your bath is an easy way to enhance your relaxation. Simply adding a few drops of CBD oil to the bath will not give you the desired effects you seek. This is because oil and water don’t mix. Adding them together without any other ingredients will not allow the oil to be properly distributed. Instead, mix oil with some epsom salt and essential oils if you choose. Oncali’s oil is orange scented and flavored, so pairing the oil with lavender essential oil would be a nice and relaxing option.
- 1 cup of epsom salt
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil or other essential oil of your choice
- 3 droppers of Oncali’s CBD oil
Mix all of these ingredients together and add them to your bath. Try not to fill the bath more than halfway in order to have an even ratio of therapeutics to water.
All of Oncali’s CBD products are backed with certifications of analysis.